Monday, May 9, 2011

Hebrew comics

I was away for a few days, so I have some catching up to do. First up is Hebrew comics. Now, to be honest, I'm not actually sure if this would qualify as a religious expression of popular culture, since whatever is written in Hebrew and/or is Israeli in origin is of course not necessarily religious. Since most of the comics are in Hebrew too, I can't read what it says on the cover, making it harder for me to accurately determine whether it deals with religious matters. However, there seems to be a significant amount of religious symbols embedded in the front visuals for it to be relevant to at least mention this universe. And they look cool anyway. :)

 URI ON by Michael Netzer

Sabraman by Uri Fink

I got these off the website http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/h/hebrewc.htm which is actually a whole essay on the history of Hebrew comics accredited to a guy named Eli. It's an interesting piece albeit a bit of a factual rapid fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment