Thursday, June 23, 2011

Heaven's Gate

This video makes me think about a lot of things but above all I wonder if "Do" was able to blink. I posted this a day before I write this and figured that I didn't do this post justice without saying something about the background of Heaven's Gate. It was known as a new religious movement in the nineties or more commonly as a new age/ufo cult. When the Hale Bopp comet was spotted in space during that decade the leader of the religious group figured that that in fact was an alien spacecraft that would come to pick up those who were ready for this transition to the next level of existence. In order to make that transition however the old "vessel" had to be disposed of, that vessel being the human body. A mass suicide was conducted in 1997. They made several tapes before doing this to document their story.


I was actually looking for the Heaven's Gate exit statement video, but I couldn't find it anymore. If you do have a link, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment