Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Christian Calendars

Calendars. Nice to see some old friends like Thomas Blackshear making a guest appearance here, on the cover of the Master Peace Collection calendar. Oh what a pun, ey folks?! I also love to see Jesus, master of aqua yoga, fishing lost souls from the sea again! Noticeable are the Catholic themes on the one hand side, like the lady Madonna, Our Lady of Guadeloupe and the Pope and Protestant figures like Billy Graham on the other side. No, I'm not insinuating anything by juxtaposing Graham to the Pope. I do wonder what the hell Obama is doing on the cover of one of the calendars though! I'd say that is a little touch of nationalism again. I found all this loveliness on the website calendars.com. The fact that this seemingly secular company sells Christian calendars because apparently that is profitable is something of note by the way.










No comments:

Post a Comment